You have no items in your shopping cart.
FluorSorbTM is an all natural, Alumina-Free, advanced fluoride removal media, it is an activated carbon bonded with a naturally occurring form of calcium. Due to it's unique chemical properties, it has a high capacity for negative ion adsorption and exchange, particularly the Fluoride ion. Internal testing conducted in accordance with EPA method 340.2, consistently showed real fluoride removal rates of over 80% (from apx. 1.7ppm to 0.3ppm and from 0.78 to as low as 0.18ppm). Please note that 0.18ppm is considered "Non-Detectable" Level by many standard lab analysis tests, but due to our demand for ultra-sensitive testing, we're able to measure down to such a low degree. The testing is done at our real-life filter flow rate of apx. 0.5 gallons/min.
Fluoride removal occurs when water contaminated with negatively charged ions (anions) such as Fluoride, Arsenic or Lithium comes in contact with the media, they are then attracted and attached to the media and removed from the water.
*Note: Some water filter companies that claim high fluoride removal % (particularly ones using the questionable Activated Alumina media) do not disclose that their information may be the result of a controlled laboratory setting where deionized water (water devoid of all substances but H2O) spiked only with fluoride is treated at a very low flow rate to achieve desired result, and the fact that real tap water typically contains dozens if not hundreds of other chemicals which compete for absorption is not factored in, if they did factor this in and tested their media in a practical setting with a reasonable water flow of 0.5 GPM (as we did), they may not achieve the high removal % of our media. Our figures are based on real tap water, at realistic flow rates.
Here are a few reasons for removing fluoride from your water:
1. After 3 years of scrutinizing hundreds of studies, a National Research Council (NRC) committee "concluded that fluoride can subtly alter endocrine function, especially in the thyroid -- the gland that produces hormones regulating growth and metabolism," - [Scientific American]
2. Fluoride is a common constituent in many antidepressants including Prozac, in the form of Fluoxetene.
3. USAF Major George R. Jordan testified before Un-American Activity committees of Congress in the 1950's that in his post as U.S.-Soviet liaison officer, the Soviets openly admitted to "Using the fluoride in the water supplies in their concentration camps, to make the prisoners stupid, docile, and subservient."
4. In Germany, Belgium and Luxembourg fluoridation of water was rejected because it was classified as compulsive medication against the subject's will and therefore violated fundamental human rights.
5. In November of 2006, the American Dental Association (ADA) advised that parents should avoid giving babies fluoridated water.
6. A notable study in 1995, performed by Toxicologist Dr. Phyllis Mullenix Ph.D, found behavioral deficits in rats as a consequence of fluoride toxicity.
7. A 1975 study by German Chemist, Dr. Johannes Westendorf Ph.D. determined that Fluorosilicic acid (commonly added to US municipal water supply) was a substantially more powerful enzyme inhibitor than Sodium Fluoride, and that it inhibited the function of various critical enzymes (particularly cholinesterase) within the body.
Current federal maximum limit for fluoride in the water is 4ppm (4mg/L) and is regulated by the EPA, however, most states add between 1.0 - 2.0 mg/L. Check your city's water fluoride level here.
It's interesting to note, that according to various government and medical data, fluoride effects cease to be "beneficial" when below 0.5mg/L (0.5ppm). Hence, we can conclude that if you're looking to avoid the questionable effects of Fluoride (we certainly are), then FluorSorbTM is a powerful natural solution for one of the most difficult to remove aqueous contaminants.
As a secondary benefit, FluorSorbTM can adsorb a broad spectrum of chemicals, heavy metals and some radioisotopes.
This cartridge size is 9.75" Height x 3" Diameter.