You have no items in your shopping cart.
1. How are your filters better than other filters on the market, such as Reverse Osmosis Systems?
Our Filters are much more than just "filters", but are in fact Water Revitalizers, nourishing & regenerating your water on many levels, Unlike Reverse Osmosis, PureEffect Systems:
- Raise Alkaline pH by releasing trace amounts of natural minerals..
- Support natural electrolytes.
- Improve Redox (Lowers Water's Oxidation Potential).
- Effectively reduce Chloramine & Radiation.
- Do not rely on a thin film membrane which can clog, break, leak impure water and breed bacteria.
- Do not waste water (R.O. systems waste apx. 4 gallons to filter 1).
- Do not require a steel water storage tank or booster pump.
- Do not require electricity to function.
- Cheaper to purchase and maintain.
- Installation is simple, quick and easy.
For side by side comparisons, see:
Ultra system vs. Reverse Osmosis, click here.
Ultra system vs. Gravity Filters, click here.
Ultra system vs. Faucet Filters, click here.
2. How do your filters release minerals and electrolytes into the water, and which minerals/electrolytes are they?
All our filters come with a natural Activated Zeolite mineral complex in the cartridge, which functions by releasing primarily trace amounts of ionic Sodium or Potassium (depending on activation process it undergoes) into the water in exchange for absorbing contaminants like radioisotopes, heavy metals and ammonia via the process of ion-exchange. The systems also contain a food-grade calcium media which releases ionic calcium. These minerals and electrolytes neutralize acidic water, balance pH making it Alkaline, are crucial for many bodily processes, and give the water a fresh and delicious taste, just like nature intended. Even the World Health Organization has recognized the importance of natural pH and mineral balance in clean drinking water:
"Awareness of the importance of minerals and other beneficial constituents in drinking water has existed for thousands years, being mentioned in the Vedas of ancient India. In the book Rig Veda, the properties of good drinking water were described as follows: “Sheetham (cold to touch), Sushihi (clean), Sivam (should have nutritive value, requisite minerals and trace elements), Istham (transparent), Vimalam lahu Shadgunam (its acid base balance [pH balance] should be within normal limits)“ (Sadgir and Vamanrao 2003). That water may contain desirable substances has received less attention in guidelines and regulations, but an increased awareness of the biological value of water has occurred in the past several decades. Full Article.
3. How do your filtration systems compare to the high-priced water ionizer machines?
Our systems' primary focus is to clean your water of a very wide range of contaminants, something water ionizers aren't designed to do very well, since their main purpose is to ionize or alkalize your water artifically using electricity. Also, water ionizers have been a subject of much controversy regarding their benefits vs. risks due to the overly alkaline pH they produce using artificial means. PureEffect Systems use quite a different approach to raise alkaline pH within the drinking water range as found in nature (apx. 8.5). The pH increase is an effect of the natural minerals in our system, doesn't require electricity and is a gentle and natural process, similar as it occurs in nature as water flows over mineral-rich riverbeds. In short, PureEffect Filtration Systems filter a wide-range of contaminants, naturally alkalize your water, provide significantly more benefits and performance, yet cost a fraction of the price of water ionizers.
4. What is REDOX and how do your filters increase the Antioxidant potential of water?
REDOX stands for Reduction-Oxidation, which in this case means the Water's ability to “give” electrons (subatomic negative charges) to other substances it comes in contact with. These electrons are donated to “electron-hungry” free-radicals (subatomic positive charges) within the body, Free-Radicals are then reduced and neutralized. When unbound by an electron free-radicals may speed up the aging process. Our filters contain a special media which reduces water's oxidation level by approximately 25%.
5. What % of Heavy Metals, Fluoride and Radiation can your filters remove from the water?
- Heavy Metals: up to 98% | According to the manufacturer of the patented KDF55 Media which we use.
- Fluoride: 70% - 99% (Varies dependant on pH, Contact Time, Flow Rate and Fluoride Concentration) | using our advanced FluorSorbTM activated-carbon media bonded with a natural calcium substrate and superheated to nearly 1000oC. *Internal testing completed in accordance with EPA Method 340.2 established that FluorSorbTM consistently outperformed the commonly used Activated Alumina media by apx. 20% for fluoride removal at flow rates upto 1gpm.
- Radiation: Based on the specific scientific properties of the Zeolite in our AntiRad-plus Cartridge, by knowing the atomic weight of the radioisotope, the PPM concentration in the water, and the specific cat-ion exchange capacity per gram of Zeolite, we are able to calculate that it can remove over 115ppm of Radioactive Cesium from over 1000 gallons of water. 115ppm is a high concentration. We use the same Nuclear-Grade Zeolite that Nuclear Facitilies have been using for over 40 years.
6. How does the filtered water taste?
We feel that our customers' input says it best, here are a few quotes from their reviews:
"In my youth I occasionally hiked along alpine meadows in Utah's Uinta mountains drinking pristine snow-melt milky appearing water. Seldom since have I reencountered that taste in water until now" -- by: Mike
"I used to enjoy spring water on my organic farm years ago. This filtered water has that bright pure taste." -- by: Yeoman Gardener
"The water it produces is crisp, clean, and tastes how water should" -- by: Marine 03
"The water (after initial flushing) was unbelievably revitalized and pure tasting." -- by: PureH2OFan
(Additional reviews can be read here)
7. I see your countertop filters connect to the faucet, will I be able to continue using my faucet to wash dishes, etc. when I don't need filtered water?
Yes, our special diverter valve which screws onto the thread of your faucet allows you to redirect the water to the filter on-demand by a pull of a switch, and when you turn the faucet off, the valve resets back to regular faucet-use automatically.
8. How Can I check how much Fluoride my County adds to my drinking water?
9. How long do the cartridges last?
For superior performance we recommend to replace all cartridges every 6-12 months (depending on the system you choose and your daily water consumption), however, if water flow decreases significantly before 6 months pass, your water may have high sediment and the carbon block may have clogged and needs to be replaced sooner then the other cartridges. If you have one of our countertop units, we offer a washable, stainless steel pre-filter, to help extend cartridge life. *As a customer, you will receive discounted pricing on your replacement filter orders.
10. Can I run Hot water through these systems?
No, hot water will not be adequately filtered and may actually reverse the chemical absorption and adsorption processes, releasing contaminants back into the water. Use only Cold or Cool water when operating the filters. If you happen to accidentally run hot water through the system, simply run cold water through the unit for 2 minutes to flush out the hot water.
11. What is the best method of determining which contaminants are in my water?
We Recommend a professional lab test, which can include Fluoride, Chloramine, pH, VOCs, Pesticides, Heavy Metals and much more: Click Here
12. My faucet has low water pressure, which of your filter systems would suit me best?
Any of our systems should work fine with low water pressure as the cartridge media is designed for low water resistance.
13. Do you offer financing options?
Yes, financing is available to US residents through BillMeLater®. Simply place your desired items in the cart and proceed with the checkout process, and select "Paypal" as the payment method and you will be re-directed to paypal for final payment processing, (either log-in to your existing paypal account, or select the debit/credit card option) then select BillMeLater® option.
14. Do you sell Shower, and Whole House Systems?
We make an advanced whole-house system but do not yet carry shower filters, however, we do have plans to carry them in the future. To be notified of new product releases and special promotions, please enter your name and email at the "Water News & Product Updates" Section at the top right corner of this site.
15. Do you plan to offer gravity or pump filters that can work outdoors?
Yes, we're currently in the research stage and do plan to carry such filters in near future. Bear in mind though, for the larger part of our life, our drinking/cooking water typically comes form the kitchen faucet during non-emergency situations, therefore, we made countertop water filters our top priority and focus. An "emergency" filter will only compliment our countertop systems as we believe having both is ideal. To be notified of new product releases and special promotions, please enter your name and email at the "Promotions and Discounts" Section at the top of this site.
16. I'd like to sell/market your products and would like to know if you have an affiliate program?
Yes, we offer a Free Affiliate Program to help you earn money by posting links, banners, using facebook, twitter and more! Click here to learn more.
17. What is the Ultrafiltration Membrane for and why doesn't it come with your filters?
The Ultrafiltration membrane is a speciality cartridge designed for ultra-pure water applications, such as medical or electronics industry. The membrane is an absolute 0.05 Micron, meaning it's pores are about 6x smaller than bacteria. Because of such a small pore size, it can get clogged pretty quickly and reduce water flow within a few months of use. Such filtration capacity is not typically necessary in drinking water applications. Our 0.5 (not 0.05) micron Carbon Blocks are well suited for the job and do come standard with our Ultra and Classic Units.
18. How do I properly cleanse the UF Membrane?
Fully submerge the membrane into Hydrogen Peroxide liquid, ideally every 2-3 months for a period of 48 hours. In 48 hours remove the membrane and rinse under warm water, then install it back into your system. Flush the system with cold water for 5 minutes before use.
19. What sort of maintenance is required on the filter units?
Our systems are designed to be simple and easy to care for. Every 6 months (every 4 months for COMPACT Countertop system) wipe the units inside and out with hydrogen peroxide and rinse with warm water. You may also wipe and rinse the plastic and rubber parts on the filter cartridges, but do not get any hydrogen peroxide inside the filtration cartridges. The spout may be cleansed as well by pouring hydrogen peroxide through it and using a cotton swab to wipe inside, then flushing with warm water.
If your question wasn't answered here:
Please ask us using our live chat feature or visit the contact us page.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR INTEREST! > See our Filter Models Here.